Introduction: What is ElectronJS, and Why we should use ElectronJS Development in Today’s App Development Lands
What is ElectronJS
What is ElectronJS Development
ElectronJS is a cross-platform desktop application framework that allows developers to write their code once as opposed to writing it multiple times for each platform they want it to work on. This means that developers can use the same codebase across platforms without having to rewrite it in different languages or frameworks.
What Makes ElectronJS Development Different from Other Desktop App Development Solutions?
Electronjs development is a cross-platform app development that enables developers to build truly native apps using web technologies. It is a relatively new technology and so it has been adopted by many developers because of its flexibility and wide range of features.
What makes Electron an attractive option for app development, is the fact that it enables developers to build native apps with web technologies. This means that they can use the same skillsets, tools, and frameworks they are already familiar with when developing an Electron app.
ElectronJS has been adopted by many developers because it offers a lot of flexibility in terms of features and options. Moreover, it provides more access to system resources than other app development frameworks on the market.
8 Top Advantages of Building a Desktop App Using ElectronJS
2. Security: One of the biggest advantages of desktop apps is that they are more secure than mobile or web apps because you have better control over the operating system as compared to a web or desktop app and the code sits within the app container and does not need to be downloaded each time (as in case of a website on a browser)
3. Easy to use with offline support: Desktop apps are easy to use because all you have to do is double click on them and they will open up even if you are offline. This is another major advantage over a web app.
4. Code sharing with web apps: The code that you use for your web app can be shared with your desktop app without any major modifications needed to the code. This stimulates the speed of development and helps maintain a common codebase for web & desktop apps.
5. Easy installation: You can install ElectronJS using npm (node package manager) or the installer on the official website, which makes it easy for developers to get started developing an Electron JS application quickly and easily.
6. Free and open-source software: The software is free to use and modify, and provides flexibility and favorable copyright requirements for small, medium, and large-scale enterprises alike.
7. Adoption by global tech giants: Be it Microsoft, Facebook/Meta, Salesforce, Zoom, Postman, Mailspring, Hive, Jibo, Etcher (the list is endless…). They have one thing in common – They all trust ElectronJS for building their flagship products like Skype, VS Code, WhatsApp, and Teams.
8. Large Ecosystem around ElectronJS: Since the early adoption by major technology giants, ElectronJS picked its well-deserved popularity and fuelled a quality ecosystem around itself. It includes (but is not limited to) developers, designers, contributors, very large userbase consuming the end product developed with ElectronJS
Conclusion: Is ElectronJS Desktop Application Right for Your Next Project?🤔
The conclusion is that a desktop application is right for your next project if you are interested in the following:
– You want to create a new product, with wide platform support for desktop operating systems
– You want to create an app that looks beautiful, has features, and can be easily upgraded in future
– You want to create an app that will be used on different devices (Windows, Mac & Linux)
– You want your app to support multiple languages
– You want to use the same codebase as your current/future web-application
– You want to take advantage of the ecosystem built for NodeJS & Web Technologies
– You want the app to be easily managed by developers around the world rather than depending on a particular, difficult to find skillset
Desktop applications are a great way to provide a more personalized experience for your users. They can be used for anything from personal productivity to entertainment.